These cute Halloween spider cupcakes are perfect for a party, or dessert at home. If you’re in a rush, pick up cupcakes at your local bakery and continue with the instructions for decorating. I’ve linked to some of the products using my Amazon affiliate link for your convenience.
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 12 chocolate cream filled cookies like Oreos.
- Black colored candy melts
- White icing of your choice
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt. Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with mixer in between each egg.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Alternate slowly adding milk and dry ingredients, beat well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool before frosting
- Pipe white icing onto cupcakes- doesn’t need to be neat, think spider web.
- Add cookie to the top.
- Melt a handful of black candy melts to draw on spider legs.
- Attach candy eyes with icing.