Are you looking for a new dessert that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser? These chewy pecan squares are like mini pecan pies and your family will love them.
2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 pound sweet butter; softened
2/3 cup butter (about 11 tablespoons)
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 cups shelled pecans; coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9×12 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the sugar and flour together. Cut in butter using two knives or a pastry blender, until you have a fine crumb texture. Using a piece of parchment paper, pat the mixture into the prepared baking pan to form the crust. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the melted butter, honey, cream and brown sugar. Stir in pecans until they are coated. Spread the sticky mixture over the crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Also check out our acorn cookies!
If you’re a parent or grandparent, join our group for tons of great ideas from awesome bloggers!