Hopscotch is such a fun classic game. What makes it appealing is you only need chalk and pavement, and what makes it fun is playing with friends. You get to jump around, throw things, and just enjoy being outside. What could be better! The directions on how to play hopscotch are listed below.
- Draw a hopscotch pattern on the ground with chalk or use masking tape on a floor and number each square in order. There are several patterns that you can use, depending on the age of the players.
- Give each player has a marker such as a stone, shell, etc.
- Stand at the beginning and toss your marker in the first square. Hop over square 1 (you must skip any square that has a marker in it) to square 2.
- Hop through the grid on one foot unless there are two squares side-by-side, then you jump landing with one foot in each square.
- Hop to the end, jump and turn around 180° without leaving the grid, and hop back. Pause in square 2 to pick up the marker, and jump out.
- Toss the marker in square 2, hop through the same way, then square 3 and so on.
Have fun!! 🙂
If you’re a parent or grandparent,
join our group for tons of great ideas from awesome bloggers!