With the start of autumn right around the corner, it’s a great time to share this recipe for cinnamon apple muffins. These moist, delicious, muffins are the perfect combination of apples and cinnamon and the brown sugar topping gives it a nice sweetness. The best part, besides eating it, is the warm, cozy scent of autumn that will fill your kitchen while they’re baking. Since I’m an amazon affiliate, I linked to items you may need if you don’t have them on hand.
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, chilled and diced
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup of milk or buttermilk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 apples
- Combine 1 1/3 cups cups flour, brown sugar and margarine in a large bowl. Mix with a pastry blender until mixture is the consistency of fine crumbs. Set aside 1/4 cup for the topping.
- Add the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to same bowl. Mix well.
- Peel and core the apples. This apple peeler/corer makes the job easier! Then finely chop both apples.
- Slowly stir in the milk (or buttermilk), egg, vanilla and apples. Stir until just moistened.
- Evenly divide the batter into 16 greased muffin cups. Use these cute fall muffin cups!
- Sprinkle with the rest of the topping.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 16 muffins.
If you’re a parent or grandparent, join our group
for tons of great ideas from awesome bloggers!