If you’re looking for a new cookie recipe to add to your Christmas baking, I have a delicious one for you to try. This recipe makes 25 cookie sticks – enough to keep some for yourself and make a couple bags for gifts!
Christmas Cookie Sticks
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting chips
- 1/2 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting chips
- Different variety of Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamed together and combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder and use a whisk and mix to combined.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. Place strips on to cookie sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Let sit on pans for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Melt the chocolate and pour each into a piping bag. Snip the corner and drizzle over the tops of the cookies.
- Add your favorite Christmas sprinkles.